This short course will help you rethink what it means to be a
culturally intelligent leader and level up your skills by forging
meaningful relationships and productive collaborations across
different values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors.
What you'll get:
- Five Modules of self-study content available for asynchronous learning
- Open access for 3 months from date of registration
- Opportunity to engage with Elizabeth A. Tuleja, Ph.D. via email chats
- Downloadable content to further your learning journey as an
As a result of taking this course, when interacting with people across cultures you will:
- Understand what Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is and why it matters.
- Distinguish the differences between functional skills and
interpersonal/intercultural skills that will level up your leadership capabilities.
- Understand the concept of cultural differences and commonalities.
- Recognize the three-step process of developing cultural competence: awareness, understanding/reflection, and skills/behavior.
- Determine what are culturally responsive strategies for dealing with differences.